The primary responsibility of the Planning Division is administering the Town’s land use controls, including subdivision and site plan regulations. This involves reviewing plans and proposals to make sure they comply with Town regulations, helping applicants, reviewing building permit applications, inspecting sites, answering questions from the public, and working with other Town staff and consultants. We arrange Planning Board, Conservation Commission, and Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings throughout the year, prepare agendas and information packets, attend the meetings, and implement their decisions.
Our other major responsibility is long-range planning for the community. This involves updating and implementing the Town’s Master Plan, adding or amending regulations to control land development, preparing planning studies, and working on a variety of miscellaneous projects for the betterment of the Town.
- How do I find the zoning for my property?
- Do I need a permit to fill a low spot on my property?
- Do I need a permit to install/repair my dock or retaining wall on the shoreline?
- Do I need Planning Board approval for my project?
- How can abutters or interested citizens raise concerns about a project to the Planning Board?
- How do I submit a citizen zoning petition?
- When does the Planning Board meet and what are the submission deadlines/requirements?