Available Financing & Assistance
We are here to help you every step of the way. The Town of Salem is dedicated to seeking innovative approaches to make your projects and ideas successful.
- The Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) is a financing tool for community growth and provides benefits to low-to-moderate-income residents. Funding is available for infrastructure improvements, affordable housing, planning, or economic development projects.
- The Economic Revitalization Zone (ERZ) is a tax credit that offers a short-term business credit for projects that improve infrastructure and create jobs in designated areas within a municipality. Salem has qualified for five ERZ zones.
- New Hampshire Job Training Fund is available to businesses in New Hampshire and thinking about relocating to the state. It requires a minimum of a 50% match with a max of $100,000.
- Research and Development Tax Credits are available for business organizations that have expenditures made during the fiscal year for qualified manufacturing research and development. These expenditures are wages paid to employees of the business organization for services rendered in New Hampshire which qualify and are reported as a credit by the business organization under section 41 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Community Technical Assistance Program assists communities in the I-93 region plan for future growth, the New Hampshire Department of Transportation is offering grant opportunities to communities with a proposed project.
- The Community Loan Fund provides loans, capital, and technical assistance to enable traditionally underserved people to participate more fully in New Hampshire's economy.
- The Business Finance Authority serves manufacturers, small and medium-sized businesses, health providers, and non-profit educational and cultural organizations, by developing and implementing programs that expand the availability of credit in the state.