Junior Engineer - Full-Time
The Town of Salem, NH (population 32,000) seeks a full-time Junior Engineer to serve as an internal staff resource for engineering activities and perform a variety of engineering and technical functions for the Engineering Division of the Municipal Services Department.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ experience in a civil engineering or construction environment with direct involvement in the design and construction of municipal infrastructure projects.
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate.
• . A strong working knowledge of the principals and practices of surveying and civil engineering as applied to the planning and construction of municipal infrastructure projects.
• Ability to work independently, make sound judgments, and deal effectively with other Town personnel, Town officials, consultants, and the public.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, with strong verbal and writing skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD Civil3D required.
• Course work or hands-on experience in AutoCAD and/or VUEWorks highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of NHDES Subsurface Disposal System requirements, Stream Crossing Rules, Alteration of Terrain, and Wetlands Regulations a plus.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time exempt position (standard work week 37.5 hours). Starting pay $68,200 annually dependent upon qualifications and experience with competitive benefits including participation in the NH Retirement System. Pre-employment testing will include educational and criminal background, driving record, physical, and drug screen.
A rating of your application will be based on your education, assessment, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements for this position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application.
Position open until filled. All applications for this position will be held in confidence.
The full scope of responsibilities associated with this position and Town applications are available on-line at www.salemnh.gov.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume, three professional references, and Town employment application to: email@example.com