The Town of Salem, NH seeks a Full Time (37.50 hours/week) Chief Assessor to ensure that proper appraisal and assessing functions for the town are carried out in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited College or University in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in municipal property assessment work including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Certified NH Assessor designation or attainable within one year.
• NH Department of Revenue Certified Property Assessor Supervisor.
• Thorough knowledge of the laws of the State of NH as they relate to property assessment, property assessment principles and practices, property assessment laws, regulations, and ordinances.
• Expertise in complex categories of property valuation.
• The ability to interface and communicate with staff, associates, state agencies, commissions, and the public in a pleasant and tactful manner.
Annual salary ranges from $79,321 to $111,484 commensurate with education and experience. The Town of Salem offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes PTO, insurance benefits, and state retirement. Pre-employment testing will include educational and criminal background, physical and drug screen.
A rating of your application will be based on your education, assessment, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements for this position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application.
Position open until filled. All applications for this position will be held in confidence.
The full scope of responsibilities associated with this position and Town applications are available on-line at www.salemnh.gov.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume, and Town application to: email@example.com.