Pursuant to the Board of Selectmen's adoption of revisions to Salem Chapter 253-Salem Disposal Systems and Wells, the following well test results and requirements shall be met prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy on any building serviced by a well in the town of Salem:
- A permit must be obtained before any drinking well is installed, and must be accompanied by a scaled diagram of the location.
- The diagram must show the existing or proposed subsurface disposal system on that and adjacent lots.
- The applicable fee, as established by the Board of Selectmen, shall accompany the application.
- The plan shall be submitted with the site address, map, and lot number.
In all new construction, prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy and in all well replacements, a State of New Hampshire-certified testing lab shall do a well water analysis of the following parameters:
- Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Screen
All test results shall be submitted to the Health Division and shall meet EPA Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) Standards prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy. All VOCs shall be identified and quantified. All parameters that exceed the MCL shall be remediated through the installation of the appropriate filtration system at the well intake.