I did not receive my Motor Vehicle Renewal Notice, what should I do?

In an effort to go green and save on ink, paper and postage, the Salem Town Clerk's Office is collecting email addresses from residents in order to email the complimentary renewal notifications. Residents with email addresses already on record with the Town Clerk's Office and/or NH Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will receive an email notification from EB2gov.com, our 3rd party collections company, to assist in the registration renewal process. Within that email is a link directly to the EB2gov website to renew your vehicle's registration. Should you not receive that email notification directly in your inbox, we recommend that you check any other folders associated with that email address, depending upon the security preferences of your internet/email provider and email software (i.e. Outlook, etc.).

Should you not receive the renewal notice by mail or email, do not worry - you can still renew your vehicle registration(s)! You have three options:

  1. Online: Renew your registration(s) online via the current plate number and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) (last four digits found on your registration): Renew by Plate/VIN.
  2. In Person: Renew your registration(s) in person at the Town Hall. We are open to the Public, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm. All Motor Vehicle transactions stop at 4:30 pm. Please bring your current driver's license, current registration(s), and form of payment (cash, check, credit/debit card).
  3. By Mail/Drop Box: If you would like to renew by mail or drop box, please provide a check or money order made payable to the "Town of Salem", ensure your current address and phone number are on the payment, as well as the license plate number(s). Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment. If a self-addressed stamped envelope is not provided, we will hold your registration(s) until you pick it/them up at the Town Hall.

If you are unsure of your registration fees, please see the online renewal procedures, above, or refer to the previous year's registration(s) (State Fees listed in upper right corner; Local/Municipal Fees listed in lower right corner). This applies to vehicles over 5 years old from the original manufacturer's date. Newer vehicle registration fees depreciate within the first 5 years from manufacturer's date.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a Marriage License?
2. How do I register or transfer plates to a vehicle, motorcycle or trailer (utility, boat or camper) in Salem?
3. I just moved to Salem. How do I register my vehicle(s)?
4. How do I get a certified copy of a birth, death, divorce or marriage certificate?
5. We just got married in New Hampshire. What do we do now?
6. How do I get a landfill/dump permit and where is the landfill/dump located?
7. How do I license my dog?
8. I did not receive my Motor Vehicle Renewal Notice, what should I do?
9. I can't find my vehicle's title. Where do I get a new one?
10. How do I register to vote?
11. Where do I get a fishing/hunting license?
12. Where do I get a business license?
13. When are elections held?
14. Where do I register my boat? What will it cost?
15. Where can I dispose of construction debris or wood?
16. What will it cost to register my car, motorcycle or trailer in the Town of Salem?
17. What forms of payment does the Town accept?
18. Where do I vote?
19. How do I find a Justice of the Peace to perform a marriage ceremony?
20. Where do I get a passport? Where do I get a Social Security card?
21. Where can I do genealogy research?