What forms of payment does the Town accept?

For water/utility and property taxes: cash and check, only.

For all vehicle registration activities, landfill/dump/transfer station passes, construction debris coupons, electronic device disposal stickers, dog licenses, marriage licenses and vital records requests: cash, check, credit card and debit card.

  • Checks must have your current Salem address and phone number on them. Checks can only be accepted for property owners. Renters will have to make payments via cash or credit/debit card at the time of transaction.
  • Credit or debit card payments incur a 2.79% convenience fee on the total fees. Payments $50 and under incur a $1.50 convenience fee.
  • We have an ATM located on the bottom floor of the Town Hall (Town Clerk's area). The ATM charges a $2 service fee for each withdrawal session. The maximum withdrawal is $200 per session.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a Marriage License?
2. How do I register or transfer plates to a vehicle, motorcycle or trailer (utility, boat or camper) in Salem?
3. I just moved to Salem. How do I register my vehicle(s)?
4. How do I get a certified copy of a birth, death, divorce or marriage certificate?
5. We just got married in New Hampshire. What do we do now?
6. How do I get a landfill/dump permit and where is the landfill/dump located?
7. How do I license my dog?
8. I did not receive my Motor Vehicle Renewal Notice, what should I do?
9. I can't find my vehicle's title. Where do I get a new one?
10. How do I register to vote?
11. Where do I get a fishing/hunting license?
12. Where do I get a business license?
13. When are elections held?
14. Where do I register my boat? What will it cost?
15. Where can I dispose of construction debris or wood?
16. What will it cost to register my car, motorcycle or trailer in the Town of Salem?
17. What forms of payment does the Town accept?
18. Where do I vote?
19. How do I find a Justice of the Peace to perform a marriage ceremony?
20. Where do I get a passport? Where do I get a Social Security card?
21. Where can I do genealogy research?