Useful Forms / Links

Forms / Links
Other Assistance Programs
Referral sheet to other programs you may qualify for
General Assistance Application
If you have an immediate emergency need such as homelessness, an electric disconnect or need food please print the General Assistance Application – and fill out to the best of your ability.  Then call for an appointment 8:30-3:00 at 603-890-2130.
Required Verifications
Please bring in the verifications that apply to your household.  Some verifications will not apply in every case.  Please call if you have a question.
Basic Needs
Please complete and bring receipts for any payments made.
Homeowner Form
Under NH RSA 165:28, if financial assistance is granted to a homeowner, the Town of Salem may place a Welfare Lien on any property owned.
History of Salem’s welfare service
Welfare Guidelines
Welfare Guidelines
Apartment Search Guide
Listing of area landlords, housing authorities, shelters, and other housing resources.